What is the SBI Clerk exam?
State Bank of India (SBI) conducts the SBI clerk exam for recruiting candidates for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support and Sales) in its different branches across the nation. The SBI clerk exam is one of the most prestigious exams, and lakhs of people appear for it.
SBI 2023 EXAM
The SBI prelims exam 2023 will take place in November, and the Main exam in January 2024.
Table Of Content :-
SBI 2024 Exam –
There has been no official announcement for the SBI 2024 exam date. However, the expected date for the Prelims exam will be in November 2024, whereas Mains will be in December January 2025.
SBI Clerk 2024 Exam –Overview
|Name of the Authority||State Bank of India|
|Name of the Post||Junior Associate/Clerk|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Job Location||PAN India|
|Number of Stages||Two- Stages – Prelims an Mains exam|
|Job Type||Public Sector|
SBI Clerk 2024 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern plays a vital role in qualifying for the exam. If you are aware of the exam pattern, you can divide your time accordingly. Understanding exam patterns is the first step of your preparation. Here is the detailed information on the SBI Clerk 2024 exam pattern –
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
The SBI clerk prelims exam is a screening stage that picks out the eligible candidates. The marks obtained in this don’t add up to the final scores of the aspirant. The candidates who score well in the prelims exam get qualified for the mains. The detailed subject-wise SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus is here-
- The SBI Clerk prelims exam is a qualifying test that selects the eligible candidate.
- The marks obtained in the SBI prelims exam will not add up to the final score.
- SBI Clerk Prelims has three subjects -English Language, Reasoning Ability, and Numerical Ability carrying 100 questions for 100 marks.
- The time to solve the SBI prelim exam is 60 minutes.
- For every wrong answer, you will get a deduction of 0.25 marks.
Here is the tabular form of SBI clerk Prelims exam pattern –
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk Mains exam
- SBI Clerk Main exam forms are the backbone of your merit list.
- The SBI clerk main exam has four sections & Computer Awareness, General English, General/Financial Awareness, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- There are 190 questions carrying 200 marks.
- The exam paper is 2 hours 40 minutes.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Proficiency||50||60|
SBI Clerk 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus is crucial to make you understand the core of the exam. If you know your syllabus, you are already one step ahead in the competition. It sounds silly, but knowing your syllabus will guide you in the right direction and help you improve your weaker section. Here is the syllabus for prelims and the main exam of the SBI clerk 2024 exam –
SBI clerk Syllabus for Prelims exam
There ae three section in Prelims exam –
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
Here is the detailed syllabus for all the three section-
SBI Clerk Syllabus- Logical Reasoning
Logical reasoning tests your thinking capacity. It forces you to increase your thinking capacity to solve the problems. Here is the syllabus for Reasoning Ability –
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/ Direction/ Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
Quantitative aptitude is the tough section in the SBI clerk exam. They test your numerical ability and accuracy. The questions are from arithmetic, equations and algebra, percentage analysis, quantitative analysis, and categorization. It carries around 35 questions of 25 marks, and the time allotted to this section is 20 minutes. You will get a negative mark of 0.25 marks for each wrong question. Quantitative Aptitude has a large syllabus as compared to other sections. Here is the syllabus of quantitative aptitude for the Prelims exam-
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio & Proportion
- Number Systems
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation Combination
The English syllabus for SBI Clerk 2024 is not vast, and that’s why candidates take this section for granted. English can be a scoring section as there is no calculation or formulae, and you need a good catch on its fundamentals- comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary. Here are the topics one must prepare for the English section of the SBI clerk 2024 exam –
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
- Paragraph Completion
SBI Clerk Main exam Syllabus
To beat the competition and secure a seat, you must know the SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus. The aspirants making their way through the Prelims stage compete at the main level. The mains exam pose stiff competition, so the aspirants need to know the detailed SBI Clerk syllabus for the mains to score well. The cumulative scores of the Mains exam get added to the final scores.
The SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus Topics are:
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Awareness
- General/Financial Awareness
- Reading Comprehension
- New Pattern Cloze Test
- Phrase Rearrangement
- Old Sentence out cum Para Jumbles
- Sentence Completion
- Paragraph Conclusion
- Phrasal Verb-Related Questions
- Error Detection
- Word Usage/Vocab-Based Questions
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations, Quantity 1, Quantity 2)
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Radar/Web, Pie Chart)
- Data Sufficiency
- Approximation & Simplification
- Number Series
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF, LCM, Profit-Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Word & Time, Problems on Boats and Stream, Average, Permutation & Combination, Mixture and Allegation Speed Distance & time, Probability, Mensuration, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Trains, Pipes, and Cisterns)
General/Financial Awareness Syllabus
- Current Affairs related to the banking industry, awards, honors, books, authors, latest appointments, obituaries, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.)
- Static GK –, country-currency, headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies),country-capital, dance form constituencies of ministers, nuclear and thermal power stations
- Static Awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
- Banking/Financial terms
Reasoning Ability Syllabus
- Machine Input/output
- Statement & Assumptions
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
Computer Awareness Syllabus
- Important Abbreviations
- Generation of Computers
- MS Office
- Input-Output Devices
SBI Clerk 2023 exam Expected Questions
The weightage of the subject adds up to your preparation as it will make you work on the required area. It will also save you time while putting effort into irrelevant topics. Here are the expected questions for the SBI Clerk 2023 Prelims exam-
Weightage of Logical Reasoning
|Topic||No of questions(Expected)|
|Puzzles & Seating Arrangement||10-15|
|Alphanumeric & Numeric Series||5-10|
Weightage of Quantitative Aptitude
|Topic||No of question ( Expected)|
Weightage of English Language
|Topic||Type of Questions||Expected Number of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension||Story-based, including questions from vocabulary||5-10|
|Cloze Test||Questions based on stories, Try practicing the old and new patterns||5-10|
|Spotting Errors||Detecting the errors in the sentences9 basic grammatical skills)||5-10|
|Sentence Improvement||Sentence structuring ()Basic rules of grammar||5-7|
|Para Jumbles||Identifying the correct sequence of sentences from the jumbled ones.||4-5|
|Fill in the Blanks||Double-filler based||5-7|
|Vocabulary||Idiom-phrase, Synonym, Antonym||5-7|
Preparation Tips for the SBI Clerk 2024 Exam
Candidates preparing for the SBI 2024 exam must start their preparation now. There are lakhs of students preparing for it, and your selection depends on your hand. The official announcement has yet to be announced, which means you have a lot of time to prepare. Today, we will share some section-wise tips to boost your preparation.
For Logical Reasoning –
Logical reasoning creates a problem for many students, but the fact is that the difficulty level is much lower than that main exam. Learn the logic behind the questions and tricks to solve them. It is only possible when you will solve hundreds of questions.
For Numerical Ability–
Numerical Ability or Quantitative Aptitude is the same thing. The basic mantra for this section is to clear your concept and learn the shortcuts and tricks to solve the questions. Accuracy plays a crucial role in your selection. You need to solve a maximum number of questions in the given time, so start prating and give mocks.
As already discussed, one should have a good command of the fundamentals of English to score a good mark. For this, one should start reading and learning new words. Start Practicing reading comprehension, cloze tests, and other topics. Give mocks and the previous year’s paper.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What is the exam pattern for the SBI Clerk 2024 exam?
Ans. The exam pattern of the SBI Clerk 2024 exam is as follows-
- The exam will take place in two stages- Prelims and Mains
- Prelims have three sections -English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- The Mains will have another segment called General Awareness with English, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability.
Q. What are the maximum marks for the SBI Clerk Exam?
Ans. The SBI Clerk Prelims Exam carries 100 marks, and the Mains Exam is 200.
Q. Do we have a sectional cut-off for the SBI Clerk Exam 2024?
Ans. No, there is no sectional cut-off for the SBI Clerk Mains and Prelims.
Q. Will we have a negative mark in the SBI 2024 exam?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking for every incorrect answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
Q- Is there any age limit for the SBI clerk 2024 exam?
A- Yes, there is an age limit for SBI Clerk 2024 exam. The age of the candidate must be between 20 and 28 years. The government has also given some relaxation to the reserved category.