What is RBI?
Reserve Bank of India is responsible for regulating Indian banking system. The bank works under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The responsibility of RBI is to control, issue, and maintain the supply of Indian rupees.
Checkout : The MPTET Syllabus 2023 PDF for Varg 1, 2, 3
About RBI Assistant Salary 2023
RBI offers a golden opportunity for all those candidates who are willing to pursue their careers in banking. The salary structure offered by RBI is impressive, making the job profile fascinating for the candidates. So, what’s the most exciting thing about a job? The salary!
Candidates want to know the RBI Assistant Salary 2023, and this is what we will discuss today.
So before applying for the RBI assistant job, you must be aware of in-hand RBI Assistant salary, job profile, perks offered, posting locations, and career growth as it’s about your future.
The RBI Assistant Salary 2023
To be able to work in RBI is one of the best things that can happen to you. The assistant salary and perks offered by RBI attract the candidates to apply for the job. Apart from salary, the candidate enjoys numerous allowances, making the job extremely fascinating.
The in-hand salary received by the candidate is ₹33,201 after the net additions and deductions. Let’s check out the RBI Assistant Salary Increment.
The Increment in RBI Assistant Salary
The best part about RBI Assistant Salary is its increment. Candidates will see a surge through the increments provided to them regularly. The increment provided to them gets added up to the basic pay. Check out the RBI Assistant Salary increment provided here.
|Years Of service||Basic Pay||Increment|
|First three years||₹20,700||INR 1,200|
|Next four years||₹ 24,300||INR 1,440|
|Next six years||₹ 30,060||INR 1,920|
|Next two years||₹ 41,580||INR 2,080|
|Next three years||₹ 45,740||INR 2,370|
|Next one year||₹ 52,850||INR 2,850|
|20 years||₹ 55,700||–|
What are the Perks & Allowances of RBI Assistant?
As told earlier, RBI provides many perks and benefits apart from Salary. A candidate is eligible for all the allowances and benefits after qualifying all the RBI Assistant selection process.
It’s always better to know the benefits you are entitled to. Here is the list of allowances offered by RBI –
- Candidates also get allowances for furnishing the residence.
- Reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose
- Housing Accommodation
- Leave Fare Concession
- Book Grant
- Dispensary facility other than reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization
- Interest-free Festival Advance
- Candidates also get loans at concessional interest rates for education, articles, housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal computers, etc.
RBI Assistant Salary Deductions
Where do these allowances and other pay come from? A small amount is deducted from the basic salary to offer other benefits. This deduction results in a lesser amount of the RBI Assistant’s in-hand salary.
Knowing your job profile and salary structure plays a vital role in getting a clear picture of your aim. Given below are the details of the deductions. Have a look!
|RBI Assistant Salary Deductions||Amount|
|EE NPS contribution amount||INR 4200.00|
|Prof Tax- Split Period||INR 200.00|
|EE NPS Arrears||INR 3074.00|
|Meal Coupon Deductions||INR 160.00|
|All India RBI Employee||INR 30.00|
|Sports Club Subscription||INR 20.00|
Allowances offered to RBI Assistant
Reserve Bank of India offers a lucrative Assistant salary in 2023 along with many perks and allowances. These allowances add up to the basic pay and candidate receives a bigger amount.
- House Rent Allowance: ₹2,238/-
- Dearness Allowance: ₹12,587/-
- City Compensatory Allowance: ₹2,515
- Special Pre-requisite Allowance: ₹2,753
- Transport Allowance: ₹1,000/-
- Special Allowance: ₹3,788
The job profile of RBI Assistant 2023
RBI is a prestigious organization. Therefore, the job profile and responsibilities hold critical importance in the organization.The role of assistants is to support various departments in the office.
The assistant plays an important role when a new currency is released or during demonetization. Here is the list of tasks and responsibilities taken care of by RBI assistants.
- Ensuring Financial Stability
- Currency Issues & Circulation
- Assistant must help in banking Document Verification
- Assistant must attend Government Treasury Work
- File work
- Data Entry
- Replying to Mails
RBI Assistant Posting Locations
As soon as you get selected as an RBI assistant, you will get an initial posting in the RBI offices within the recruitment zone from which they applied. But you can get a transfer to other locations in case of an administrative exigency to different centers classified into North, South, West, South, East, and West Zone offices. These offices are mentioned below-
- North Zone: Jammu/Srinagar, Chandigarh, Shimla, Jaipur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Dehradun, New Delhi
- South Zone: Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, and Kochi
- East Zone: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati (including all Northeastern states excluding Gangtok), Kolkata (including Gangtok), Patna (including Ranchi)
- West Zone: Ahmedabad, Bhopal (including Raipur), Mumbai (including Belapur, Pune, and Panaji), Nagpur.
RBI Assistant Promotions & Career Growth
RBI provides many opportunities for the candidate to grow in their life. It’s not like you will always be RBI’s assistant forever in his life. If you wish to get a promotion, apply for the test, clear the exam, and get promoted. But there is a twist. One must provide their service for at least two years to be eligible for promotion to Officer Cadre.
The process to get promoted to the Grade A officer level is given below.
- Ordinary process: In this process, the employee must qualify for the written exam, and based on his experience and seniority in the services of a bank, they will be selected as an Officer.
- Merit basis process: The merit basis process says that the employee must work for two years as a clerk with a JAIIB. Also, he must get a CAIIB diploma conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) with a graduate/post-graduate degree.
|1||Officer / Assistant Manager||Grade A|
|3||Senior Manager||Grade C|
|4||Chief Manager||Grade D|