The MPTET curriculum for the year 2023 encompasses the course outline, content, and topics to be covered in the Madhya Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test. This educational framework, commonly known as the MPTET Syllabus 2023, delineates the areas of knowledge, skills, and competencies that aspiring teachers should familiarize themselves with. It provides a comprehensive overview of the subjects, themes, and learning objectives that candidates will encounter during their preparation for the MPTET examination in 2023.
Madhya Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Examination is a teaching eligibility exam and a golden opportunity for all those willing to teach primary teachers in Madhya Pradesh.
The syllabus is crucial to excelling in your exams. Knowing your syllabus will always keep you one step ahead. Today we will guide you through the MPTET syllabus 2023 for Varg 1,2 3.
Subjects in MPTET 2023 exam
MPTET 2023 exam has the following subjects –
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Language I Hindi
- Language English II
- Environmental Studies
The MPTET Syllabus 2023-
Here is the syllabus for MPTET 2023 for Varg 1,2, 3. Check them out!
Subject – Child Development & Pedagogy (CDP)
Chapter – Child Development
Child Development comprises 15 questions.
- What is the concept of child development and its relation to learning
- What are the factors affecting growth and development?
- What are the principles of child development?
- Issues related to child’s mental health
- Behavioral issues.
- Sense of heredity and environment.
- The process of socializing (with teachers, relatives, peers, and parents)
- , Thorndike, Piaget, Kohler, and Pavlov: Composition and Critical Opinion.
- What is the concept of child protection and dynamic pedagogy?
- Personality development
- The role of gender and the existence of gender as a social construct.
- What are the differences in learning on the disparity of language, caste, gender, pay, religion, etc.?
Chapter -Concept of inclusive education and Understanding of Children with special needs
This section comprises five questions. Here are the topics covered –
- Recognizing learners from diverse backgrounds
- Identifying the need of children with learning difficulties.
- Identifying gifted, creative, and learners with unique abilities.
- The preterm child
- Juvenile delinquency: causes and effects
Chapter – Learning and Pedagogy
Learning and Pedagogy comprise ten questions. Here are the topics covered –
- The process of how children learn and the reason behind their failure in school.
- What are the errors while learning?
- Orientation and Learning
- The process of teaching and learning, and strategies for the same.
- Child as Samya Samadhanka and Scientific-Investigator.
- Guidance and counseling
- Personal and Environmental factors contributing to Learning
- Understanding factors affecting learning – attention, interest, respect, and emotion.
- Aptitude and its measurement
Subject – Mathematics
Maths Content Syllabus
This section comprises 15 questions.
- Addition and Subtraction
- Number System
- Division –
- Fundamental operations- money, length, weight, volume, and time interval.
- Converting larger units into smaller ones and vice-versa.
- Fraction –
- the concept of fractions,
- Converting fractions into their simplest form
- even fraction,
- odd fraction, etc.
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing fractions and equivalent fractions.
- Converting decimal numbers into fractions and vice-versa.
- Finding the volume of solid from known units.
- Geometry –
- Fundamental geometric concepts,
- rays, line-segment, angle, and their classification
- Triangle (classification of the triangle – (1) based on sides, (2) based on angles, (3) The sum of three angles of a triangle is 180 degrees.)
- Circle – Radius, diameter, and the relation between them
- Pattern –
- Understanding the pattern related to numbers
- Formation of patterns
- The pattern of triangular numbers and square numbers- finding their relation
- Area and perimeter of simple geometric figures
- Identifying 2d figures
- Data related to daily life.
- Time – Should be able to read and write time in hours and minutes and represent it in AM and PM; the relation of 24 hours to 12 hours clock.
- Parallel and Perpendicular lines
- Bar graph
- Should be able to Identify patterns in multiplication and division.
- Calculate the time interval in daily life events.
- Geometric pattern based on symmetry.
This section comprises 15 questions.
- Developing the thinking and reasoning power through mathematical education.
- The language of mathematics.
- Creating new methods of evaluation, diagnosis tests, and capacity of re-learning.
- Ability to create teaching material based on surrounding for effective learning.
- The ability to use new mathematical learning methods in class education.
Subject – EVS
- Our family and friends
- Sports and Activities
- Different habitats of animals, birds, and humans,
- need of habitats,
- characteristics of habitats for free life.
- Protecting and taking care of local buildings, public property, and national heritage.
- Calculating war material, What are the materials used in the construction of the prime housing
- Importance and need of cleanliness of toilets, premises, and good manners
- Our food and habits
- Water and Air Contamination
- Importance of clean air and water
- Our role in climate, weather, and climate changes
- Sources of water and methods of conserving water
- What are the diseases caused by infected air and water- their treatment and prevention
- Land, water, and Air pollution
- Disaster management- prevention and measure from natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, and drought.
- Sustainable management
- Natural Goods and Produce
- Effect of Man-made Resources and Their Activities
- Deforestation and urbanization and their impact on ecological balance
- Causes of the Ozone layer, global warming, and the greenhouse effect
- Using polythene, plastic, and their decomposing detergent
- Use of fuel in life.
- Disaster Management
- Space Science
- Pedagogical Issues
Subject – English
English Comprehension Syllabus
English Comprehensive comprises fifteen questions. Here is the syllabus.
- You will have two unseen prose, and questions will be based on grammar, verbal ability, and comprehension.
English Pedagogy Syllabus
This section comprises fifteen questions
- Language skills-listening, speaking, reading, writing
- Learning and acquisition of language
- Importance and Role of Listening and Speaking –
- What is the function of language, and how children use it as a tool
- Importance of grammar in a language for communicating ideas verbally and in writing form
- Principles of second language teaching
- Remedial teaching (Re-teaching)
- Teaching-learning materials, textbooks, multimedia materials multilingual resources in the classroom
- Challenges faced by teachers while teaching English in a diverse classroom
- Evaluation of language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, reading, listening, reading, and writing.
Subject – Hindi
(a) भाषायी समझ/अवबोध (15 प्रश्न)
बोध, व्याकरण और मौखिक क्षमता पर प्रश्न के साथ दो अपठित गद्यांश (विवेकात्मक या साहित्यिक या कथा या वैज्ञानिक)।
(b) भाषा विकास का शिक्षण (15 प्रश्न)
- भाषा सीखना और ग्रहणशीलता
- भाषा शिक्षण में सुनने, बोलने की भूमिका; भाषा के कार्य और बच्चे भाषा का प्रयोग कैसे करते हैं।
- भाषा शिक्षण के सिद्धांत
- भाषा शिक्षण में विभिन्न स्तरों के बच्चों की चुनोतियाँ,कठिनाइयाँ, त्रुटियाँ एवं क्रमबद्धता।
- पुनः शिक्षण
- भाषा सीखना और ग्रहणशीलता
- मौखिक और लिखित अभिव्यक्ति के अंतर्गत भाषा सीखने में व्याकरण की भूमिका।
- भाषा के चारो कौशल (बोलना, सुनना, पढ़ना और लिखना) का मूल्यांकन।
- कक्षा में शिक्षण-अधिगम सामग्री: पाठ्यपुस्तक, दूर संचार (दृश्य एवं श्रव्य) सामग्री, बहुकक्षा स्त्रोत।