IBPS PO, or The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, is an independent body conducting examinations to recruit candidates for all Public Sector Banks except the SBI.
Like every examination, IBPS also has a set of eligibility that has to be fulfilled by every candidate appearing for the exam.
Today, we will discuss IBPS PO eligibility 2023 – qualification, percentage, and age limit for bank exams. Candidates appearing for the IBPS PO 2023 exam must check this article to get the latest update.
IBPS PO Age Limit
Like every exam, IBPS also has Age limits for various categories. Here is the age limit for IBPS –
Minimum Age limit – 20 years
Maximum Age limit -30 years
IBPS also offers certain relaxation to some categories. Check out the IBPS 2023 Age Relaxation –
This relaxation is for the upper age limit.
- Candidates from SC/ST category – 5 years
- Candidates from the OBC category from the non-creamy category 3 years
- Candidates from Persons With Disabilities: Partial or Full Blindness – 10 years
- Partial or Total Loss of Hearing
- Locomotor Disabilities
- Autism, Intellectual or Learning Disabilities, Mental Illness
- Multiple Concurrent Disabilities
- Ex-Servicemen – 5 years
- 1984 Riot Victims- 5 years
Points to Ponder on IBPS 2023 age limit
- Candidates from SC/ST and OBC can apply for a maximum of two cumulative exemptions.
- Anyone from the ST category with a physical disability has a maximum of 15 years of age relation for the upper age limit.
- At the time of the Interview, candidates need to produce certificates affirming their exemption category.
IBPS PO Eligibility criteria – Nationality
Nationality is also a part of the eligibility criteria for the IBPS PO exam 2023. Candidates appearing for the exam must check the nationality criteria to avoid failure.
Here are the eligibility criteria for nationality /Citizenship for the IBPS PO 2023 exam –
The candidates applying for the exam should fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Subjects of Nepal or Bhutan
- a Tibetan Refugee who arrived before January 1, 1962
- An Indian origin who migrated from Burma (Myanmar), Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Pakistan, or East African countries of the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Keya, Uganda, Ethiopia, and Malawi to get permanently settled in India is also eligible to apply for IBPS Po exam.
Candidates not bringing to India have to produce a certificate of eligibility from the government during the Interview.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification
- The educational qualification of IBPS states that anyone appearing for the exam should have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- If a candidate does not have a bachelor’s degree then he must have a degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree such as departmental courses from the government, AMIE, etc.
- Candidate must have proof stating these courses mentioned above are equivalent to a bachelor’s degree by the Government of India.
- Candidates must be careful while filling out the online form. They have to mention the percentage obtained in Graduation. The candidates awarded CGPA have to convert it into a percentage. The percentage calculation has to be done to the nearest two decimals.
- The fraction of the percentage arrived will be ignored.54.99% will be treated as less than 55%, and 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%.
- There is no specific IBPS PO eligibility percentage.
BPS PO Eligibility –for Economically Weaker Section Category
Economically Weaker section is that category who are not under SC, ST, and OBC categories, and have a gross annual income of less than 8 lakh rupees. These candidates are entitled to the benefit of a 10% reservation for the vacancies released by IBPS.
Remember that income from all sources, business, salary, agriculture, and profession are included in revenue.
Remember, a person possessing any of the mentioned assets below is not in the EWS category, irrespective of his annual family income.
- Owning 5 acres or above Agricultural Land
- Owning a residential flat of 1000 sq. Ft. and above
- Owning residential plots of 100 sq. yards and above(in areas other than mentioned by municipalities).
- Owning a residential plot of 200 sq. yards and above ( in an area other than mentioned by the municipality).
While applying for the property holding test to determine EWS status, the property owned in different locations by a particular Family is clubbed.
Aspirants have to produce an Income and Asset Certificate at the time of document verification and interview round issued by a Competent Authority in the prescribed format to avail of the benefit.
IBPS PO Eligibility for Person with Disability Category
Persons with Disabilities or PWD are eligible for reservation under section 34 of, The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Here are the categories of disabilities eligible to avail reservation under the Act are as follows:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Blindness and low vision
- intellectual disability
- mental illness
- specific learning disability
- locomotor disability, including leprosy, cerebral palsy, dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, and acid attack victims
Points to remember for IBPS PO eligibility
- PWD category candidates are eligible for reservation in the IBPS PO exam under section The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- Candidates with visually impaired disabilities are allowed to use a scribe as mentioned by the guidelines of IBPS PO.
- IBPS announces the reserved vacancies after the respective banks communicate the number of vacant positions to the institute.
- The IBPS application process is online, therefore, keep a hard copy of all the supporting documents.
Frequently Asked Questions on IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
Q1- Are candidates in the last year of their graduation, waiting for results applying for the IBPS PO exam?
Ans 1- No, a graduation degree is a must for applying for the IBPS POS exam.
Q2- What is IBPS PO salary?
A2- The in-hand salary for IBPS PO is 36,000 with some allowances.
Q3- How many attempts are allowed for the IBPS PO exam?
Ans 3- No, there are no limits for attempts for the IBPS Po exam.