To be able to appear for the CDS exam in 2023, candidates must fulfill the CDS eligibility requirements for 2023. These eligibility standards for the CDS entrance exam include various criteria, such as age, education, nationality, and physical fitness. It is important for applicants to carefully review the CDS admission requirements 2023 and ensure that they meet the necessary qualifications. The CDS qualification criteria 2023 have been set by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and must be met by all candidates who wish to apply for the exam. Meeting the eligibility conditions for the CDS exam 2023 is a crucial step in the process of becoming a part of the Indian Armed Forces.
Combined Defense Service is a national exam conducted by UPSC to select candidates for officer posts in different branches – INA (Indian Naval Academy), IMA (Indian Military Academy), AFA (Air Force Academy), and OTA (Officers Training Academy).
Besides knowing the syllabus and exam pattern, one should know the CDA eligibility criteria for 2023. It includes parameters like nationality, age limit, educational qualification, physical standards, marital status, and needs to be satisfied by the aspirants to be eligible for the exam.
Candidates must fulfill all the criteria, as any misfortunes can make you ineligible for the CDS exam 2023. Therefore, the one appearing for CDS 2023 exam must check out the CDS eligibility 2023 to not keep anything for the last step.
CDS Eligibility for the 2023 Exam
Here are the crucial parameters of the CDS eligibility criteria 2023 exam.
To give CDS exam 2023, the applicant must fulfill the nationality criteria. Candidates failing to meet the CDS eligibility cannot apply for the exam. Here are the nationality requirements for the CDS exam 2023. Check them out!
- Anyone with citizenship of India, or
- A citizen of Bhutan, or
- A citizen of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01/01/1962 to settle in India permanently, or
- A person who is an Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, the United Republic of Tanzania, Burma, and East African Countries of Kenya, East African countries of Kenya, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam to settle in India permanently is eligible to apply for CDS exam 2023,
Notice– All candidates other than Indian must present a valid certificate to the authority issued by the Indian Government. Gorkhas subjected to Nepal doesn’t need an eligibility certificate.
CDS Age Limit
All the candidates must be careful while checking out the CDS 2023 eligibility criteria, as it will determine their eligibility for the application form. Make sure to fulfill each criterion before filling out the application form. Before starting your preparation, ensure that you fulfill the CDS eligibility, collect all the required documents, and correct, if any.
The CDS age limit is different for different branches. Here is the CDS age limit. Check them Out!
For IMA & INA (Indian Military Academy & Indian Naval Academy)
Candidates applying for IMA and INA should not have been born later than 1st January 2005 and not earlier than 2nd January 2000.
IAFA (Indian Air Force Academy)
Candidates applying for the post of IAFA (Indian Air Force Academy ) must be between 20-24 years as of 1st January 2024. They should not have been born later than 1st January 2004 and not earlier than 2nd January 1998).
OTA (Officer’s Training Academy)
Candidates applying for OTA should not have been born later than 1st January 2005 and earlier than 2nd January 1999.
Relaxation in Age Limit
Some candidates can benefit from age-limit relaxation norms (a part of CDS eligibility). All the candidates with a valid and current commercial pilot license issued by DGCA(India) are eligible for a relaxation of the upper age limit of up to 26 years. Do remember that only limited candidates are provided with age relaxation.
Another crucial parameter in CDS eligibility 2023 is qualification. The authority has established a minimum educational qualification for candidates applying for the exam. It is one of the vital CDS eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by the candidates.
Here is the information provided about the educational requirements.
- Candidates choosing Army, Navy, or Air Force as their first preference must bring their graduation certificate to the SSB interview.
- Aspirants appearing for their final exam (graduation) can apply if they do not have any outstanding debts; even so, such candidates must have a valid degree certificate at the time of course start.
Here is the information about the qualification requirements required for different posts.
IMA & OTA
A candidate applying for IMA and OTA posts must have a degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
Candidates applying for INA must have a degree from a recognized university/institute.
Candidates applying for IAFA must have an engineering degree from a recognized university (with Math’s & Physics at 10+2).
CDS Marital Status
All the candidates applying for the CDS exam must check out the marital status of CDS eligibility. Here is the information about the martial status for candidates applying for different branches.
CDS Martial Eligibility for Males
IMA & INA
If a candidate is below 25 years old, he must be unmarried and cannot marry during the training period.
IAFA also provides age relaxation to some candidates. Candidates above 25 years old and married can apply for the post but there is no accommodation for the partner during training. Also, candidates are not allowed to live with their family outside the premises (during training).
Marital Status for Females –
Unmarried females, Widows who have not remarried, and Divorcees who have not remarried and possess divorce documents are eligible.
CDS Eligibility for Female
For the OTA, interested females satisfying the CDS 2023 eligibility can start the preparation and chase their dream. Some eligibility criteria are different for females and must fulfill them to be eligible for the exam. Here are the details of the same.
- Female candidates applying for the exam should not have been born later than 1st January 2005 and not earlier than 2nd January 1999.
- The minimum height required for the female candidate is 152cm.
- All the other eligibility criteria for a female candidate are the same as a male.
CDS Physical Eligibility
Here is the physical eligibility for candidates appearing for CDS 2023 exam.
- A candidate must be physically and mentally fit. He should not have a history of mental breakdowns or fits.
- The candidate should not have a weak body. They should not be underweighted, overweight, or obese.
- The male candidates should have a well-developed chest.
- Candidates must be careful of their Body Mass Index. It should be below 25.