Table of content
SSC CGL Inspector (Excise): Training and Job Profile
- Following selection, the Excise Inspectors are assigned to a variety of Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) cadres based solely on merit and preference.As deputies for the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) department, Excise Inspectors are sent to airports, the Regional HQ, the Custom HQ, or even the Customs HQ.
- The following is the training period for an Excise Inspector:Training usually starts one month after you join, but the zone where the candidate was chosen might decide to start it later.
- The zonal National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes, and Narcotics (NACIN) center’s two-month training is required.During training, lectures cover a variety of topics, including the Central Excise Systems, the GST system, e-governance, and Official Noting and Drafting Systems.Weapons training is available at either the State Police Academy or the CISF Training Centre.The majority of an Excise Inspector’s work profile is comprised of desk posts and field posts.
- These functional areas can be traded like clockwork.An excise inspector’s executive responsibilities center primarily on the central collection of goods and services tax.
- When goods enter or leave the country through ports or airports, fieldwork is used to collect customs, central excise duties, and service tax.They are in charge of all related procedures.They stop smuggling and ensure the collection of CGST.
- At the point when individuals don’t cover their expenses, an extract reviewer needs to go on assaults.Field post officers frequently work irregular hours.The Extract officials who are assigned to work in the area are required to complete administrative tasks like writing reports, sending out correspondence, maintaining records about RTI, and checking those records.They can influence the working environment and improve teamwork by taking the appropriate actions.
SSC CGL Inspector (Excise): Salary
The compensation construction of a SSC CGL Extract Reviewer is separated beneath.Grade Pay for the SSC CGL Inspector (Excise) position is INR 4600. The SSC CGL salary may be affected by the location of the recruitment.
The estimated month-to-month pay for SSC CGL Extract Reviewer is as follows:
|Position||Basic Pay||In-Hand Monthly Salary (approx.)|
|SSC CGL Inspector (Excise)||Rs 44,900||Rs 58,426 – 68,866|
SSC CGL Inspector (Excise): Allowances and Deductions
The table below provides an estimate of the SSC CGL Inspector (Excise) salary breakdown.
|Pay Level||Pay Level -7 (7th CPC)|
|Payscale||Rs 44,900 to 1,42,400|
|Grade Pay||Rs 4600|
|Pay Band||9,300 – 34,800 (PB-2)|
|Basic Pay||Rs 44,900|
|HRA (depending on the city)||X Cities (27%)||Rs. 12123|
|Y Cities (18%)||Rs. 8082|
|Z Cities (9%)||Rs. 4041|
|DA (Current – 31% of basic pay)||Rs. 13919|
|Travel Allowance||Cities – Rs. 4716 (3,600+1116) Other Places – Rs. 2358 (1,800 +558)|
Gross Salary (Approx)
|NPS Employee Contribution (10% of basic pay + DA)||5882|
Classification of Cities
The following table lists the cities and towns that fall into the X, Y, and Z classes for the House Rent Allowance to Central Government Employees:
|X||Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune|
|Y||Agra, Ajmer, Aligarh, Amravati, Amritsar, Asansol, Aurangabad, Bareilly, Belgaum, Bhavnagar, Bhiwandi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Bhilai, Durgapur, Erode, Faridabad, Firozabad, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guntur, Gwalior, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hamirpur, Hubli–Dharwad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalgaon, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Karnal, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kollam, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Ludhiana, Lucknow, Madurai, Malappuram, Mathura, Mangalore, Meerut, Moradabad, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Nellore, Noida, Patna, Pondicherry, Purulia, Prayagraj, Raipur, Rajkot, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Ratlam, Salem, Sangli, Shimla, Siliguri, Solapur, Srinagar, Surat, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruvannamalai, Ujjain, Bijapur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vasai-Virar City, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vellore, and Warangal|
|Z||All other cities|
SSC CGL Inspector (Excise): Promotion and Career Growth
After passing the SSC CGL, candidates for the position of Inspector (Excise) can advance to the following positions, the first of which is the gazetted Superintendent position.Their abilities and hard work are required for advancement and growth.
|Promotion||Years of Service Required||New Designation|
|1||7-8 Years (After departmental Exam)||Superintendent|
|2||7-8 Years||Assistant Commissioner|
|3||7-8 Years||Deputy Commissioner|
|4||7-8 Years||Joint Commissioner|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the salary of an Inspector in SSC CGL?
A: – Pay Scale: Rs. 9,300 – 34,800/
– Grade Pay: Rs. 4,600/-
– Initial Pay: Rs. 9,300/-
– Total Pay: Rs. 13,900/-
Q. What are the allowances given to SSC Central Excise Inspector?
A: The allowances given to SSC Central Excise Inspector are :
- DA on Total Pay above (around 107%)
- Transport Allowance (TA)
- House Rent Allowance (if not provided with quarters)
- Petrol Allowance
- Mobile Bill (limited)
Q: To take part in the SSC CGL Examination, what is the minimum qualification?
A:To take the SSC CGL exam, candidates must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
Q: Can I apply to the SSC CGL Exam for more than one position?
A:If a candidate meets the eligibility requirements, they can apply for the SSC CGL exam for more than one position.