SSC CGL Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in CSS: Salary, Job Profile, Promotion & Career Growth
One of the most well-known positions is that of Assistant Section Officer. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC Combined Graduate Level, more commonly referred to as the SSC CGL Exam, annually to select qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Section Officer (ASO).In the Central Secretariat Service (CSS), this position was previously known as Assistant Section Officer (ASO).An ASO reports to a Section Officer who is in charge of the section. A section is the smallest component of the Indian government.
In the Central Government of India, CSS provides permanent bureaucracy and functionary staff and serves as the backbone of administrative work.Due to the overwhelming response to our previous articles on the SSC CGL Job Profile, Salary, and Career Growth of Various Posts Under the SSC CGL 2022 Exam, we have decided to provide you with all the information you need about the SSC CGL ASO Salary, Job Profile, SSC ASO Job Nature, SSC ASO Career Growth, and a few crucial points for Assistant Section Officer in CSS.
Table Of Content
Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in CSS: Salary
The Assistant Section Officer salary in the CSS position falls under the 4600 grade after the 7th Pay Commission.The estimated salary of an Assistant Section Officer in CSS after the seventh pay commission is as follows, based on this SSC CGL Salary:
|Pay Level of ASO in CSS||Level 7|
|ASO Pay Scale||Rs 44,900 to Rs 1,42,400|
|ASO Grade Pay||4600|
|Basic Pay of ASO in CSS||Rs 44900|
|HRA* of ASO in CSS (@27%)||12,123|
|DA** of ASO in CSS (@34%)||15,266|
|TA*** of ASO in CSS||3600|
|Assistant Section Officer Salary||75,889|
SSC CGL ASO Allowances
SSC CGL ASO provides a variety of benefits and allowances in addition to a respectable salary.The SSC CGL ASO allowances are the same for all ministries and departments.Some of the allowances include the following:
- House Rental Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Medical benefits
- Paid leaves
Assistant Section Officer (ASO) in CSS: Job profile
The clerical work that is included primarily in the SSC ASO Job Profile in CSS is routine noting, writing, drafting, and submitting letters to higher authorities, as well as completing files and creating reports.The following are additional significant aspects of the ASO Job Profile:
- As an Assistant Section Officer, you are also responsible for maintaining the crucial link between Parliament and the Central Secretariat, particularly when it comes to the handling of Parliament Questions, Assurances, and Government Bills.
- In addition to noting, drafting, and interpreting rules and regulations, you are also responsible for ensuring continuity in the policies of the Government of India.
Assistant Section Officer Roles & Responsibilities
As previously stated, the nature of the position is identical to that of a clerical or desk job.Based on the officers who are currently employed, the following important points pertain to the roles and responsibilities of Assistant Section Officers in CSS:
- CSS’s office is just like those of private companies, with amenities like canteens and air-conditioned offices.
- As an ASO in CSS, you will have ample time to learn the job (if you do not have the prior skills). Life is quite comfortable, and as stated above, you will stay in Delhi for your entire life. The job assigned to an ASO in CSS is quite easy and there is no deadline for the job. Your colleagues have also cleared the SSC CGL and understand how difficult it is to be in the CSS department. As a result, you will find that your colleagues are very supportive.However, an ASO in CSS has access to a variety of benefits, including travel concessions, access to the health scheme (CGHS), access to office and quarter gymnasiums, library, and other amenities if they so choose.
- You’ll have enough time to do things you like, like read books, play sports, learn a musical instrument, etc.
- As an ASO in CSS, you are paid well, approximately Rs 60,000 (in-hand) after the seventh pay commission. The best part is that you can be posted wherever you want, although only in Delhi, and you can take leaves whenever you want.
Assistant Section Officer in CSS: Career Growth
As an Assistant Section Officer in other Ministries, you will be presented with numerous opportunities to advance.An Assistant Section Officer’s career path is as follows:
If you want to be promoted within five to seven years to Section Officer (Grade 4800),The UPSC’s Inter-Department Test must be passed by you.Otherwise, getting the promotion would take 10 to 12 years.In CSS, promotion is fairly quick.The reason for this is that there is no direct hiring process for higher-level positions like Under Secretary and Deputy Secretary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What is Aso’s salary after ten years?
Ans. Based on 270 salaries, the average ASO salary in India ranges from 1.1 lakhs to 8.2 lakhs, with less than one year of experience and 17 years of experience.
Ques. Which SSC CGL post has the best advancement?
Ans. Employees will be given promotions to:Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, Inspector, and Senior Superintendent follow.first promotion after at least five yearsSecond promotion after ten to twelve years.After 5-7 years, my third promotion.
Ques. What is CSS’s future?Ans. With a plethora of upcoming new features, 2022 looks to be a pretty good year for CSS.Some are already showing up in browsers, others are likely to be supported by most browsers by 2022, and one or two may take a little longer.A few of them will be looked at in this article.